Friday, September 26, 2014

A bunch of sketches, because I have nothing else to talk about.

I think I'm going to call her Ayden (Eye-din)
 This girl is the first "real" drawing I've done using my computer art program. I've always found it annoying in the past, because the brushes are programmed to act like they would in real life (meaning paint streaks and blurring when I forget to add layers), and I just want something simple that will lay down color. Is that too much to ask for?
I mean, there's probably a way to reset the brush options, but there's my computer inefficiency for you.

Ayden actually has an interesting story, though. I was researching Gaelic/Irish mythology, and stumbled upon changelings. According to legend, fairies would often switch their children with a human child, resulting in both children being considered changelings. In the myths, the fairy infants were typically ugly and obnoxious, but because I'm Dee and I do things like this, I made my fairy changeling character human-like.
(Ayden is Gaelic for "small fire." I like the meaning, and now I really want to write a story about her.)

I'd redo her face if I had the chance.
Elsa. I drew her for one of my friends, and if it had been for anyone else, I'd have completely redone it just because I didn't like how her face turned out. But since this friend is only four and happens to think I'm Elsa in disguise, I figured it would be okay.

First picture I've ever drawn from start to finish with my pen tablet.
I almost never sketch on the computer. Usually I just sketch the drawing on paper and then scan it into the art program, but yesterday I felt like using the pencil option. I don't think she turned out too badly, though. Stenciling the tie-dye design on her shirt was fun.

 
Macy!
My friend Elly, over at The Spilled Inkwell, had her sixteenth birthday on Wednesday, and I drew her main character Macy as her present. (Yeah, this is what artists do for their friends' birthdays. And plays. I went to see a friend of mine in a musical last year, and I drew a bouquet of flowers on the front of a card and wrote "Flowers on an artist's budget" inside it.)

I don't really have anything else to say... I'm going to my grandma's today, and will hopefully talk to her about setting up a bank account for me. So maybe by next week, the Faerytales and Fantasy Etsy store will be running. (Fingers crossed.)

Oh, and Josie nominated me for the Sunshine Award ages ago, but I'm still trying to round up enough bloggers willing for me to nominate them so I can post my answers. If you have a blog and would like to be nominated, do let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Those are all so good! Great job! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks, Sparky! :D Long time no chat. How've you been?

      Delete
  2. You can totally be a sketch artist for a movie company! Super Talented! love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, my dear, you've made me the happiest girl in the world. <3 I would love to be a concept artist for Pixar or Dreamworks. It would be truly fantastic. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. CATSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw you joined my blog and I was like, "WHO IS THIS...." So I did some stalking. *glomps* Thank you for the lovely picture of dear Macy. It made my day. <3 Do you mind if I add your blog to my blog list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry, forgot to tell you that was me. XD Go ahead and add! And you're totally welcome for the picture--I had a ton of fun drawing her. <3

      Delete
  4. So it IS you! :P
    Great job! I especially like the top picture! (especially that she's Irish :)

    ReplyDelete