Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sketch dump, and a mini-rant on jobs, college, and art.

Hi there, stranger. Do I know you?

...

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been pretty busy with all sorts of insanity--piano and archery and, you know, drawing--and every time I sit down with my laptop, the last thing I feel like doing is writing a blog post.

But now I'm sick, and all I can really do is sit on the sofa anyway. And I'm tired of reading my Dietrich Bonhoeffer biography - though it's a very well written biography - so I'm finally going to post these doodles I've done lately.

Headshots.
 Left to right: Rachael, Annie, and Poppy.

Hopefully you already know who Poppy is. If you don't, she's my personality-less little scholar from my MBTI dystopian society.

Rachael is a random character I came up with recently while I was hanging out at a friend's house, and Annie is her best friend.

Sagey-love. <3
 Yeah, I totally have a crush on this character. He's my baby, okay?


Rachael.
And this is the first drawing I did of Rachael. I have a few other sketches of her, but I forgot to scan them.

Her proportions are a little off, but she's a fun character to draw. I may or may not be a little bit obsessed with her...

I was going to post my Magic Thief fanart too, but I think I'm going to save it for it's own post, in which I'll also review that series. Because they're actually pretty good, but almost no one has read them.

I'm thinking about doing art commissions once I start my Etsy store. Okay, I've been doing more than just think about it. I'm pretty much certain that I'll be doing them. In fact, that'll probably end up being the main focus of the store.

I just love drawing--and being able to make money off of something I already do every day, and love doing, just sounds like a smart option. You know? Even if I'll never "make any real money" doing it. Even if I have to get a "real job" once I graduate. (Or before, if I decide I need one.)

This is the way I see it--I don't need a job right now. I still have two years till I'm done with high school, and I don't really plan to go to college. (It's still technically up in the air, but I don't think I'll be going.) There's nothing I want that's too expensive to get for Christmas or my birthday. So why waste the few years of freedom I have left on some minimum-wage part time job, when I could just as easily be making similar money on something that I love to do, not to mention earning experience in the field I want to go into? Doesn't this way just make more sense?

Sorry, I'm starting to rant. This is something that's been on my mind a lot lately, and I just needed to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment