Friday, December 5, 2014

December Drawing Challenge, day 5: Ghost Town

Day Five Challenge: Draw a few backgrounds in one, two, and three point perspective.

Ghost town. Plus random person.
 Confession time: I didn't exactly do this challenge the way it was supposed to be done. Why? Because I absolutely loathe drawing in two and three point perspective.

IT JUST TAKES FOREVER.

Okay, okay. I know. The point of the challenge is to stretch me as an artist yada-yada-ya. Sometimes past me can be very annoying.

I will try to draw a few more backgrounds before the day's over. But I doubt that I'll post them, because the only two point perspective I've ever done failed miserably, and I'm not holding my breath for the three point.

Bookworm prince.
Isn't he cute?

So. That thing I was going to post about yesterday and then completely forgot.

I still haven't remembered it.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/34199278395539671/

The cat looks so grumpy. XD
Now, before you think, "Wow, Dee, you really do like that laptop of yours... Next day after it's working again and you're back to using paper..." FIRST OF ALL that second picture I posted is actually digital art. I just used the pencil setting on a white background and it looks like paper. SECONDLY I really just like using pencil and paper for rough sketches.

See, I think I can draw better with pencil and paper. But I like the finished look of digital art. Compromise: Sketch it on paper, scan it into art program, and color it on there.

Yay.

*end extremely random post by Dee*

2 comments:

  1. I love the girl and the kitty!!! So cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Livvie! <3 It's one of my favorites too.

      Delete