Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy Christmas and a merry new year.

Hey, everyone.

Before we go anywhere, I just want to say--yes, I failed my own drawing challenge. No, I don't actually feel a lot of shame about that.

I'm weird like that. I'll get all anxious about doing the thing in the midst of it, and then when it's done I'm just so relieved that I don't even need to think about doing it that I feel no shame for failing.

My character Pitch and my friend's character Amelia. We totally ship them.
 I could say this was my day 27 challenge (draw a couple), except I drew it on Christmas day. Eh heh heh oops.

BUT SPEAKING OF CHRISTMAS. I got a laptop.

A LAPTOP.

You probably are all going, "Er, Dee, you have a laptop. Remember? Because it wasn't working, and then it was..."

Actually, that was my mum's. But I used it so much that I considered it mine. XD BUT NOW I HAVE MY OWN AND IT'S MINE MY PRECIOUS BABY.

And SketchBook works on it. IT WORKS. I haven't ever been able to use SketchBook with my pen tablet, and NOW I CAN.

I'm just so excited guys.

Remember her? Decided to color it.
 Don't really like how it turned out, but eh. She's still cute.

Okay. Okay okay okay guys isn't he adorable?

So this is the result of the first picture I posted. We planned out Pitch and Amelia's life, like, completely. They have two kids, a daughter named Artemis, and their son is named Sage. I do have a picture of Artie, but it's not saved on my laptop. I'll get it up eventually.

But Sage is so cute guys. Even though he looks like he goes to Hogwarts and I messed up his scarf in that picture. (It should be striped.)

Don't like how she turned out at all, except for her hair.
I really, really like how her hair turned out. The rest is ehh. So just zoom up on her head and check out her hair. Okay.

I'm just now realizing how much I use the word "eh." *adds that to my list of overused words*

2 comments:

  1. Agh! I've been missing all these posts! So I'll just comment on this one.
    You're so good at full body poses. I'm terrible at it. Either their heads turn out too big, or something's messed up with their legs...and feet! I'm terrible with feet. I can never angle them right.
    The girl and kitty are colored!!! I love it, they're adorable!
    Also, you can draw guys! I can't! But your art is helping me a little :)
    And please, I don't know what you're talking about, that last girl pic is great!! I want her outfit! :D :D :D
    So happy you got a laptop and Sketchbook works for you! I LOVE sketchbook. It's the only digital art program that doesn't freeze on my computer :P
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, you overestimate me, dear Livvie. XD I only post the drawings that turn out semi-decently. If you were to open my sketchbook, you would find a multitude of deformed persons. XD

      It just takes practice, like anything else. I used to never draw guys, because of this sort of "mental block" I had... "I can't draw guys/full body poses/profile faces" so I never did. Once I just accepted the fact that the drawing was going to fail and just did it anyway, I got much better. ;)

      Happy (belated) New Year! XD I mean, hey. It's still the new year. It's just farther in to the new year now.

      Delete