Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I JUST WANT TO DRAW SOMETHING.

So lately I've been kind of depressed about my art skills.

Which is weird, because recently I've been realizing how far I've come, drawing-wise. I think I'm also realizing how far I have to go, as well.

I have several friends who are artists as well, and I have a tendency to hoard their artwork. Literally. I have folders on my iPod and save far too many of their drawings in them. (If you draw and are reading this, chances are, I have a folder for you as well.)

AND IT'S DEPRESSING CAUSE YOU GUYS ARE JUST SO STINKING GOOD.

*flops*

But seriously. My digital art programs are driving me insane today. I just want to draw something, but they keep acting up. Manga Studio 5--which I just recently started using--keeps crashing and deleting my drawings. SketchBook will not load, no matter how much I coax it. And I am so fed up with ArtRage's brushes it's not even funny.

(I'll spare you the PhotoShop rant.)

I mean, I could just go grab my sketchbook and my new case of pencils Mum got me as an early Christmas gift. BUT I WANT TO DRAW SOMETHING DIGITAL. Why can't the programs just work the way they're supposed to???

Okay, this is becoming a major rant, so I'll just stop and show you some of my (traditional) artwork of late.

(Guess what? They're all Lissie.)

Day... whatever it was challenge. It's an animal, okay?

So I decided against drawing one of my siblings* and drew feline Lissie instead. Because she's totally kitten-like.

And also still obsessed with coffee.


Lissie, on her way home from the library.
 This... isn't actually a drawing challenge result. I just doodled it one day, kind of randomly. I like how it turned out, though.

(I was going to color it digitally this morning, but obviously, that didn't happen.)

Chibi Lissie.
She's just too adorable, guys.

I actually did color this one with my one drawing program. Except that drawing program happened to be Manga Studio, which decided that colored chibi pictures make great drawing program food.

Seriously, what is it with my various electronic devices and programs and eating my stuff? My iPod ate several of my contacts the other day. (As in, people contacts. Not contact lenses. I don't think it could pull off eating contact lenses, even if it tried really hard.) It's been randomly doing that all year, and it's starting to annoy me.

Also, merry Christmas guys. I know I've been ranting and grumping around all post, but I'm actually kind of happy today. It's this weird sort of complainingly happy Christmas joy. (If that made sense, you've officially graduated the class on Understanding Dee. With honors.) You guys should know by now that if I complain about something, it's probably because I'm a) happy b) giving someone a hard time or c) actually kind of annoyed so would SketchBook please just start working again.

Today is pretty much a combination of all three options.

And my feet hurt.

*To any random sibling of mine who decided to read my blog: I hope you don't think I was talking about you. There are other nasty Brannigans, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment