Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My brain needs to chill with the character ideas.

Sometimes my brain is completely dry. I sit down with my sketchbook and my pencils, and the only thing I can do is twirl the tip across the page in circles. No ideas. Useless brain.

And then there are times when I honestly believe I'm going to start losing track of all of these characters if my brain gives me one more of them.

I'm finally getting the hang of coloring with Photoshop.
On Sunday after church was over, me, Nixie, and her cousin were sitting together and chatting about anime, MBTI types, and Sherlock. (Okay, so I was doing most of the Sherlock talking.) Nixie kept pulling up various MBTI character charts, while the cousin and I discussed whether or not we thought the type was accurate. (He enjoys MBTI almost as much as I do. I think Nixie only knows about it because I can't shut up.)

After that, I headed off to my archery awards banquet (where I actually didn't get anything special, for the first year ever. Not complaining though, because this year was the first time I got an actual competition award). I cosplayed as an ENTJ schoolgirl from Poppy's story who I seriously need to name because I adore cosplaying as her. The ENTJ colors are just way too much fun, and the skirt I wear suits her exactly.
ENTJ school crest. My sister actually made one of these for every single personality type. (They also have banners under the crest with the type "label," but I don't have those versions saved on my laptop.)
So anyway, after I got home from the banquet, I started texting Nixie while doodling with my pen tablet.
This happened...
And then this happened.
(There's a lovely example of what happens when my fingers work too fast for my brain in there...)
So that's what I'm working on now. I don't know when I'll actually have time to write/draw it (what's the proper word here anyway? A manga is kind of both...) but I really, really love the idea. Maybe over the summer.

Random chibi.
What I doodled today when I should have been working on Algebra... *innocent smile*

Prepare for sketch dump.

Nixie's character Amie. Colored pencils and inks.

Princess Kasseiopeia Karlisla. Or Kas for short. (Copics.)

You guys remember Liesl, my December Drawing Challenge character? I redid her character design. (Colored pencils and inks.)

Random eye. Colored pencils.
I've now got the overwhelming desire to go work on some outfit designs. I'll probably be back to post them when I'm done. (Will you guys be able to handle that? Two posts in one day?)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Also, IS THAT MIKU?! (sorry I can't tell what you wrote)

      Delete
    2. Ha, no, sorry to disappoint. That's Maine, ESFP in the Basically MBTI manga. ;) If I ever drew Miku, I'd probably call you to let you know. XD

      Delete