Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sorry.

I'm out of good apologies and excuses for not posting in weeks a month. So I'm just going to throw artwork at you and pretend that never happened.



Drawing I did for a friend. The character's name is Zandor. I used my Copic markers, because they were feeling lonely and neglected.

Sagey-Chibi. <3 He looks so depressed sometimes... The lineart is traditional, and the coloring digital.

All digital. This is my friend Nixie's character Catherine. Isn't she adorable?


RACHAEL. All digital, again. It's been a while since I drew her, so I doodled this earlier today.

And, uh, I liked her outfit so much that this happened.
Okay, but lets talk about that last picture a minute.

I love designing outfits. It's part of the reason I love drawing so much. Having the freedom to express whoever-I'm-drawing's personality through their clothing, however I want, is an amazing feeling. Recently, I've been paying more attention to what I wear, even though it makes me feel like a clothing-snob. Although I'm not exactly a fashionista, it's fun wearing clothes that reflect who I am.

So as I've been embracing my inner fashion designer, I've been making those sorts of things. Mostly just for characters, though I came up with the idea earlier today to design an outfit for each of the sixteen MBTI personality types.

I'll be posting outfits like this on here more often, I think. Hopefully you guys like them! If you have any suggestions for outfit themes, let me know in a comment. I'd love to design something for you.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Rachael's legwarmers. O_O Perfection.

    Also your copic-marker skill gets even better every time you use them and I literally just kind of stared at Zandor for like five minutes--she's so GOOD. (Not like your other pictures aren't awesome--they are; just that copic markers are a medium I'm really nervous about using, and you seem to be mastering it super quickly.)
    XD Anyway. Yeah.

    ~Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing though. O_O I want them. It's so sad being a flat-broke artist... You can draw all these amazing things, but you know it'll never be anything but a drawing cause you can't afford to buy it. xD

      Copics are actually a lot easier to use than you'd think. I highly recommend them to any artist looking to expand their coloring skill--with the word of caution that they are addicting, and rather expensive. They will drain your wallet verrry quickly. ;)
      As to the actual use of them, like I said, it's quite easy to get the hang of. Just as long as you remember to start with the lightest color and work your way up, and that the colorless blender is more of an eraser than anything else. (Seriously, don't try to blend with it. It won't turn out well.)

      Delete
  2. That girl Zandor... oh ma word. <333 She looks like an elven maiden.
    I need to try copic markers now.
    Catherine agh soooo cuuute.
    And the Rachael girl - I love her pose and outfit and colors and hair.

    So awesome to see your art again! I wish could do digital people better. I've only tried a couple, and I can only do it if I've already drawn the person on paper and then upload it to color. I can't start from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a pretty awesome character. :D

      It just takes some practicing. ;) I draw digitally almost every day--sometimes more than once a day--so I've got a good deal of experience with it already. Keep at it, and you'll get better! Also tutorials. Look up tutorials on every little thing. XD

      Delete
  3. Yes I've been using tons and tons of tutorials for digital art - it definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete