Friday, January 8, 2016

A long post in which I say nothing.



  My sister and I were supposed to go to a concert with some friends today, but then the weather happened and now it's too icy to drive in. So I've got plenty of time to blog--or at least, an hour or so until the two kids we were going to the concert with show up for a "fun day with friends." (Why do I always end up blogging the day people come over? It's supposed to be my day off. Sheesh, people.)

...Okay, wait. I'm going to complain for just one teensy-tiny second.
You know how I picked Friday to blog, because that's "my day off" and so it'll be easier for me to keep up? And you also know how the universe just loves to throw off all of my great, well-thought out plans?
Yeah. So we had a family meeting, and "sleep-in day-off" is now Sunday. (I voted for keeping it Friday, but was outvoted. Extremely outvoted.) I think I'd be cool with that, except that Sunday is my "get up early and be productive" day. It's always been. My internal alarm clock gets me up at 6:30 AM sharp every Sunday. And now it's my one day to sleep in.
Why, universe. Why.


Amity doodle. She looks like she's going to punch someone in the face. Maybe it's the universe.

Our scanner is weird. It likes to lighten up everything. That took a while to get used to, but now I've learned to use it to my own advantage. Light sketch lines + dark outlines = no eraser necessary. It's lovely.
Bianka darling.

That's actually an older sketch. I had to double check that I hadn't posted it yet, because it's one I really like as well. I rarely like my pencil sketches. And when I do, I'm terrified to color them because I'm convinced that I'm going to end up ruining them.

Cislaaaaa
 Remember those Percy Jackson fanfiction characters from a few posts ago (*cough*October*cough*)?
 Here they are again.
Isla's the girl, and Cody is the boy (duh). Cody's my sister's character--not the one I forgot to draw in the last post; that was Ember, who is a girl--and I kindasortareallyshipthem. 

They're just cute, okay? Isla's always so busy setting up other couples, and it's really because she believes she's going to be single her whole life because no guy will ever actually like her, and she tries to make herself feel better by getting other cute couples together. And then Cody...
Well, Cody's an idiot. But she's been trying to find him a girlfriend for like five years and I just think it would be adorable if the two of them ended up together.

/end fangirly Dee-ness


...and then there's Hans.
 Yeah. Um. Digital art practice?

No, actually, the story behind this one is: I sketched out that pose as a possible commission design, but she wasn't such a fan so I changed it and used the pose for my own purposes. Yep.

Another digital thing.
 Just to make sure everyone /really/ gets that I love fashion design, I drew that up there. Because outfits. And flow-y fabric. And sparkles.

Pretty dresses are just fun to draw. I think I'll be doing more outfit designs like that one up there, because it was really, really enjoyable to draw. Maybe I'll even start doing outfit design commissions on Etsy...

Marcia digital work-in-progress.
This is taking me forever to finish. I've been working on it for days, and that's how far I've gotten.

Although, in fairness, I haven't actually spent that much time on it. Just an hour a day or so, whenever I can sneak it in. So I've probably only put like 3 hours of work into it so far.

But yeah, I'm really getting back into digital art. Practicing up a bit so I can start some digital art commissions.


Wrapping things up with some Copic headshots...
Abbie...

...and Annie.
 No, they're not related. I didn't even realize how similar their names were until now.




In other news, I officially have foot problems.
I sprained my ankle pretty badly a few years back, and I guess I started compensating for the pain by walking on the inside of my feet. I never stopped doing that, though, and now I'm suffering the consequences. Like, literally suffering. I can't stand for longer than twenty minutes before my feet start hurting horribly. (They hurt just about all the time these days, but it's worse after standing for extended periods of time.)
So I've got an appointment with a foot-doctor (I forget the fancy word for that at the moment) coming up soon, and Dad says I might have to get braces for my ankles, since they're so weak. I'm currently wearing these inserts in my shoes that support my arch better and supposedly will make things better, but so far they've just been hurting my feet.

There's a bright spot in this, though--I now have an excuse to sit down a lot. Which means more drawing time. *evil cackle*

I've got a little more time before friends show up, so now I'm going to skip off (figuratively speaking) and do some digital art. I want to do an outfit design--steampunk circus ringmaster, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment