Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Blog Schedule.

Yes, I've finally decided to try making a New Year's Resolution. I've never liked making them, usually because I forget what the resolution is at all within two weeks. But for 2016, I've decided to focus my new year on blogging more regularly.

I'm going to be posting at least once a week, every Friday. (Unless there's an extreme emergency. Like no wifi.) Fridays are my day off, so I won't have "I'm too busy to blog" as an excuse.

I'm also going to try posting more about the same characters, describing a little more about them, etc. So if you have any questions about certain characters, ideas you want me to draw with them, or whatever, comment and let me know! I'd love to hear from you.

....And this week's art dump is full of characters that aren't mine. Off to great start, aren't I?

Nickolette, my fabulous soldier tough girl. <3

Vina, small but fierce.

Reece, the homeless albino violinist.

Nova, who is fabulous with her bright red hair.

Zephyr, the sassy darling with a mechanical arm and leg. And a ponytail.

And last but certainly not least, Mirari, who's pretty much the main character.
All of the above are my friend Nixie's characters. I drew them for her Christmas present--I printed them out on my lovely Grafix film (which is basically the same as Shrinky Dinks) and then made the little tiny chibis into a charm bracelet/keychain. It turned out really cute, but I forgot to snap a picture of the finished thing. I'll have to ask her for one.

Christmas was pretty awesome, by the way. Apparently I proclaimed my love of Marvel and Captain America loudly enough, as I ended up with a Marvel sweatshirt that's the softest thing in the world, a Captain America bracelet that came in an awesome Marvel tin, a backpack shaped like Cap's shield, and the most amazing Captain America hoodie EVER. I saw a picture that Josie posted on her blog a while ago of her Cap hoodie, and I've wanted one ever since.
AND I GOT IT. SO HAPPY.



I'm working on a study of facial proportions and the difference between male and female faces, because I've been hating my style lately and I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's turning out all right, better than I thought it would, so maybe I'll post it as a tutorial next week. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment