Friday, January 22, 2016

Chibis, charms, and, um... photography?


 So yesterday, I drew a chibi Miku. And I liked how it turned out. Like, /really/ liked it. I still like it and it's been 24 hours. So obviously I drew Luka as well, and now I'm working on Gumi, Len, and Rin.


The precious.
You remember how I was talking about the charm bracelet I made for my friend Nixie for Christmas? Well, using the same stuff I made for her charms, I made some keychain charms this afternoon.


Luka, Katniss, Mira, and Miku. There was going to be a third Katniss, but I accidentally cut her foot off. Oops.

With beads. I had too much fun with these.
My original idea was to list these on Etsy, but I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the quality of this batch, so these are just my giveaway charms. (Most of them are spoken for already.) I'll make another batch in the next few days and make nicer ones.
I've got some key rings and little bead charms and such coming on Monday from Amazon, so the ones I list will hopefully look really good.



This is an old picture, but I found it on my mum's iPad today while I was getting photos of the keychains. I took it at my grandparents in Minnesota, back during Thanksgiving when we went out to visit them.
Yep I'm totally a photographer man.
I had some fun with a few filters on an app Mum has, and that's the finished result. So yep.


Also.
I keep forgetting to tell you guys, but I'm doing a reading challenge this year (it's only 16 books long, so I'll probably have it done by May). My friend Tia put it together, and we're doing it with a bunch of other people on the writing forum we're on.

Here's the list of challenges:

1. Read a fairytale retelling.
2. Read a book with something shiny on the cover.
3. Read a book with a character name in the title.
4. Read a book that someone in your family loves.
5. Go to the library, pick a shelf, and count to your age in books. Read that book.
6. Read a book that's over 500 pages.
7. Read a book that's been in your TBR (to-be-read) for awhile.
8. Read a classic.
9. Read a sequel.
10. Read a book without reading the synopsis.
11. Read a book you can finish in a day.
12. Read a book that takes place in the future.
13. Read a romance. (OR [if you don't feel comfortable reading romance] Read an OYANer's novel [preferably get your hands on one that's published])
14. Read a book by an author you've never read before.
15. Read a book based on a movie (not the other way around)
16. Read a book set in this century (post-2000).

 I've got two challenges finished so far. I think I'm going to review them on here as I go to make it a little more challenging. Those won't count as my weekly Friday posts, of course, so who knows how often I'll actually get around to writing those.

1 comment: