Friday, May 6, 2016

Artistic attempts, stupid coughs, and new Etsy listings.

Gasp in shock. Stare in wide-eyed amazement. Behold the miracle that is Dee posting for the second time in one week.
Apparently it's all or nothing when I blog. I'm either going to post multiple times a week, or I'm going to forget I have a blog at all for like three months. No in between.


Anyway, I'm currently stuck at home because of this cough I've had for a few weeks. I went to the doctor's for it on... Tuesday, I think? So now I get to be on a round of antibiotics (yay). It's a pretty nasty cough--the kind that just forces all the air out of your lungs and you forget how to breathe for a moment, and then suddenly remember and gasp the oxygen in with a sound so loud everyone in the room looks at you. But I'm just grateful that it's not whooping cough, because apparently a family at our church had that...


I have been putting my isolation time to good use, however.
Is it weird to prefer one earring over the other?
 I just really, really adore the fishbone for some reason? The way the pink thread makes little x's over the spine is, imho, really cute. I also love the colors together--the pale pink and the off-white, and the brass button at the bottom...
I rarely like how any of my projects turn out this much. It's strange.
It's strange that I made them at all, actually, because I don't have my ears pierced.

These are totally Halloween themed but I'm past caring.
No one in my family thinks these are as cute as I think they are. Either pair. Which is pretty sad, because three of my sisters and my mom have pierced ears, but none of them will try the earrings on... They're kind of all like, "???" while I stroke them and call them my precious.
Bats and fishbones, guys.
Come on.


I'm considering listing these on Etsy, along with a button keychain I made but forgot to snap pictures of, but I just don't know if they'll sell... Oh well. Never hurts to try, right?
(Except for the twenty cent listing fee of course but who cares about that.)


What I did list on Etsy, however, is that magnetic paper doll set I posted pictures of recently.

Catgirl Paper Doll - Set of Two One-of-a-Kind Kawaii Neko Magnetic Dress-Up Game Dolls
This one. Remember the cuties?

My shop has been really slow lately (I might just have high expectations after a great sale month in April, but I'm getting next to no views every day). I'm kind of hoping adding more listings will help revive it.



I'm going to go poke at listing the earrings and keychain. Until next time, you ridiculously patient blog-readers.
~Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment