Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mostly drawings but also Etsy advertising.


I've discovered that I really like blogging. My every waking moment lately has been filled with, "I should blog today..."
I usually don't because I procrastinate on everything, and also sometimes blogging is hard because I have nothing to blog about.
But I can throw artwork at you and pretend that it's something to blog about, right?

She was fun to draw.
 One of my customers on Etsy ordered a bunch of stickers, but they got lost in the mail somehow. I'm not selling those anymore (because it turns out it's illegal to make money off of other people's characters without their permission, and I don't want to get shut down), but to make it up to the customer, I did a drawing for her. All she asked for was a cute girl in a hoodie, so I was happy to oblige.
Sometimes I draw dresses and I just don't even know why.
 You remember how last post I mentioned that I have a low tolerance for dresses?
Evidently that's only for wearing them, as I just keep sketching dress designs. Some of them are really cute, and some of them are like... Well, like the picture I just posted.

I don't know.
And my little Star Wars character popped up as a chibi <3
She's too precious. I think she's Nautolan, or at least partly so... Mostly because I adore all the head-tailed species. I have this weird fascination for drawing creatures with stuff coming from their heads that is not hair. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I draw my sister's Medusa character all the time...

Anyway, I need a name for my Sith cutie (because I've decided that she is in fact a Sith or perhaps just a neutral bounty hunter type with a stolen lightsaber; not completely sure), and then I need to do a full-color drawing of her... Hm. I will work on that.



I was going to sign off, but before I do, I'm just going to throw some Etsy advertising out into the blogosphere.

I pulled out the watercolor paints awhile ago, and I think I actually have the hang of them now. Watercolors have always frustrated me, mostly because I can't be in complete control of where the paint is going like I want to be. It's more messy and unpredictable than I'm used to. This bothered me for the longest time.
Until I discovered tubes of watercolor paints in our old art drawer. They're slightly thicker than acrylic paints, so you just add enough water to get them to the consistency you want. I can go full watery paint and do swirly backgrounds, while also having the option of laying on thicker paint for fine details.
It was amazing.

I'm just so happy with how these turned out.
Anyway, I listed the resulting six bookmarks on Etsy. They're only $5 each, so like, if you're a reader or if you know one... *hinthint*


That's all for today. I've got to finish up some last-minute school stuff (preparing for home school evaluations, and then I am FREE and officially allowed to graduate high school), so I'm going to go work on that.
~Dee

2 comments:

  1. Good gracious, you are so talented. Agh. I haven't created any art in foreverrrr and you just inspired me to go create something!
    I love your bookmarks!! Those are so beautiful! And I love the dress you drew! It looks like a wedding dress <3

    Keep it up!!! You awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go make something! Your art is fabulous. <3
      Thank you!

      Delete