Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Jewelry and the TARDIS.

I did a ton of jewelry making this weekend and wrapped things up with a sketch of the TARDIS, but it literally only occurred to me as I was typing this blog post that I should make a TARDIS pair of earrings or charm bracelet or something.
Guess how I'm going to be spending the afternoon now.

See? TARDIS.
 It's supposed to be more of a technical drawing, so I'm not finished with it yet. Dimensions and such.


I love the combination of brown and turquoise.

Also birds and silhouettes. I think I would do this one differently if I could remake it... maybe I will.
 I will just pause here to say that I made myself packaging for this jewelry, so that I can sell it on Etsy and actually have it look nice. I am embarrassingly proud of how it turned out.
It looks so professional. I feel like a real business person now.

I really love this necklace. I spent way too long working on it.

Another shot to see the design better.
My sister said she wants a pair of these, but solid yellow. 

These might be my favorite.
And all it took was shrink film, sharpies, a hole puncher, and some jewelry findings. Plus a lot of time.

I have so many ideas for more. Patriotic themed star earrings, little citrus slice earrings, a charm bracelet with flying bird silhouettes...


That's all for this mini update. Hope you guys had a great Memorial Day weekend!
~Dee

4 comments:

  1. POSY NEEDS THEM BROWN AND TURQUOISE EARINGS. *ahem*
    Shrink paper is so fun though, I wonder if I have some spares lying around still. Have you tried making actual characters with shrink film? You have to make them pretty big and experiment a little with the colors bleeding, but it's amazinggg for longer-lasting key chains.
    Just an idea ouo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Oh goodness, now I want to draw her wearing them... XD

      It's so much fun. I actually only had the printable stuff on hand (specifically for character key chains, actually!) so I traded a sheet of that for some of my sister's clear shrink paper. I've made a bunch of random character key chains that are lying around the house now... XD

      Delete
  2. Gurrrl. The moon and star earrings, though. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catsi, I tagged you for the Liebster Award if you're interested. (If you're not, no worries, but you know. Could be fun!
    Link: http://paperclipandpencil.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-liebster-award-v20.html

    Talk to you soon!
    Josie

    ReplyDelete