Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Greetings, Internet.

You know what's really hard?
Living forty minutes away from the nearest theater and not having a car.
Civil War has been out for almost a week and I have no way to go see it. I am desolate.


A lot of artists I know draw mermaids. Like, a lot. And they draw them really well. So yesterday I was like, "You know what, I'm going to figure this mermaid thing out."
Thus, Bianka with a fish tail.
Cutie. <3
It kind of looks like she has fangs or sharp teeth or something, but in reality, she's just missing a few and I'm horrible at drawing little half-toothless kids.


Have I ever mentioned that I really love Star Wars?
Random kawaii girl.
Okay quick backstory.
My friend Nixie has this character named Sammy. He's a sweetie, and quite possibly one of my favorite characters of all time. I'm always coming up with headcanons involving him and sketching him and talking about him...
With his personality and interests in mind, you'd think that he'd end up with a girlfriend something like the picture I just posted--someone cute and fun-loving and giggly. So when we decided that Sammy was actually for real in an official relationship, was his significant other a kawaii anime girl? An adorable, precious, bubbly little thing?

Oh heavens no. He ended up with the human grumpy cat.
And she stole his sweater.
Despite the (extreme) differences between Sammy and Bree, I still ship them really hard? They're my precious darlings. <3
SxB inspired doodle. My little Converse Couple.





Anyway. Moving along.

Prom is apparently a thing, and everyone I know has gone or is going to this thing in recent weeks. Because I am a very single, anti-social homeschooler with no life and low tolerance for dresses, I have never done the prom thing. Someone managed to catch me in a good mood and brought up the subject, however, and I reluctantly sketched out something that I might wear if I had to.
Obviously I didn't wear it and didn't go, but it was kind of fun to draw.

Black and rainbow. Yep.


I have a question for you bloggers out there. 
Do you ever feel like you're talking to yourself when you blog? Like, when I hit publish, am I just posting a musing for no one to read but myself? Is there anyone in that great void called the Internet, or am I alone with my ramblings?

*taps on the computer screen* Anyone home?
~Dee

8 comments:

  1. Your drawings are lovely. I always wished I was able to draw like that, but wasn't given that talent. XD And yeah, I blog and sometimes feel that way, too. But I promise, people read. Or at least I do. <3
    {Almirah}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Honestly, I feel like my ability to draw is less talent and more stubbornness... I just kept drawing, even when I was terrible at it. XD <3

      Delete
  2. (How do you even art so well?)


    Ahem.
    Re last question: I definitely feel this feel. All the time. Although I've also gotten pretty good at guessing which previous commenters are likely to comment on a given post. XD

    (But how do you /ART/?????)
    (K sorry I'll leave)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, guessing at commenters is always fun. (Not really at that point with this blog, since I don't talk about specific subjects and anyway there's only... three? four? people who comment anyway... XP

    (IDK man I just put my pencil on paper and art happens)
    (come back soon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I feel that way ALL the time, but then I realize, if I'M this bad at commenting, then surely I should be okay with other people ghosting around on Paperclips. I mean, like, I always forget to comment, so I think maybe it's just a problem a lot of bloggers have. Even, like, famous authors have blogs that get about twelve comments on a post, despite the thousands of people reading.

    Anyway your art is totes adorbs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, yes! I'm terrible with comments myself. I don't really have a problem with the lack of comments, so I hope my last paragraph there didn't sound like I was trying to "fish for comments" (ahahah).

      Thank you <3

      Delete
  5. I read all your posts and I always will because it's from you and that makes it awesome. And so is your art. :)

    Also sorry again about Civil War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, my friend, are the awesome one.

      I suppose I'll have to forgive you... It wasn't /entirely/ your fault, I guess. XP

      Delete